Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Only One More Month...

... until I move back to college! In just one more month, I will be free. Free from my brother's emotional roller coaster, free from my mother's constant guilt trips, and free from my father's narrow minded views of the world and (unknowingly) me. In just one more month, I'll actually be free to be myself. Isn't sad that the one place I can't do that is when I'm with my own family?

I'm so excited to be headed back, but it's also bittersweet. The last three years have flown by and I'm only sort of excited about being a senior. I have a couple of classes I'm not looking forward to and there's the GRE to take. And then I have to take out more loans, find a place to live, start paying taxes. There are lots of days when I feel like this growing up thing sucks. But it's either that or live a lie in my parents' basement for the rest of my life.

On a happier note, one month from today will also be the three year anniversary of Nick asking me out. I think now that we're engaged I'm supposed to stop counting those, but it's better than the couples that count weeks, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle. I hadn't taken a look at your blog in awhile, so I thought I would stop by. Although my parents and I are very close, I understand that there are things that you can't be as open about with your family. I have some views about parenting and other issues that just don't mesh with my family's ways, so I have to kind of bite my tongue at times. It's not easy. Best wishes during your senior year! ~Erica (OLK)