Monday, July 18, 2011

Craft of the Week: Memory Quilt Patch

I've decided that I'm going to start doing this post on Monday and showcasing the craft that I finished the previous week. I might end up going back to Sundays, but that hasn't worked out so far, so I don't have high hopes.

Anyway, this past week I decided to start on the knitted memory quilt I want to make using old charm bracelet charms. The first patch I made was to celebrate my engagement. I used scrap yarn that was given to me by a family friend, so I can't tell you much about it other than I chose it because it is very close to the color I was wearing when Nick proposed.
The patch has a seed stitch border and a stockinette stitch center.
The charm was a gift from Nick's mother. I wore it on a bracelet for awhile before I figured out that it's only silver plated. I stopped wearing it to preserve the color, which is actually what sparked the idea for the quilt.

It was a quick project that I could finish in twenty four hours because I didn't have time to craft until yesterday. Hopefully next week's will be a little more intricate, but you might see another one of these.

No comments: