Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Fourth!

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend! My celebrations for the day started when Nick got home from work and took me to the park to have a picnic and see the ducks. These little ducklings are the first thing we saw when we got there! The picture's a little blurry, but their mama didn't want us staying too long.

We found a nearby bench so that we could watch the ducks while eating our vegetarian hot dogs! Even vegetarians like tradition! Doesn't it look real? Nick said it tastes pretty close, too. I don't remember exactly what a real hot dog tastes like, but I've always thought they were pretty close.
I wore my new Sperry's from my shopping trip with Nick's mom. Part of the reason I caved is because they were red, white, and blue. So perfect for this weekend!
I made Nick take a picture with me before we left. We needed a new picture together.
As we were leaving the park, this whole parade of ducks started walking up the other side of the entrance towards us. There were more in the grass to the left of the shot. They wanted to enjoy that great, big puddle in the road and go swimming in the marshy area where the ducklings were. They didn't seem to mind us walking through until Nick tried to chase one.
The day ended when we went back to Nick's house and I played the Wii for the first time. I know, I'm so behind the times. Maybe one day I will be caught up, but probably not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm enjoying browsing your blog. Looking forward to knowing you better. ~EricaG (OLK)

P.S. I'm also a knitter and sewer...when I can.