Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lattes and Journals

I have successfully completed all nine February Matchbook girl attributes. I ventured out and tried a latte today during break. I certainly cannot say it is my favorite drink. I'm not much of a coffee person and I drink cold drinks mixed with chocolate and other sweet stuff when I do drink coffee. It never hurts to try something new though. :D

During my fun hour (after class and before dinner), I started/developed a project I found on Pinterest. The pin I saw was a calendar journal (see here), and it was something I was sort of doing myself, though not in great detail. I purchased a day planner when I was in London this past October, but was then given one by my future mother-in-law for Christmas. The one she got me is more organized, and definitely more professional, but I loved the other one so much that I decided to record awesome happenings in it. They were just little phrases, like "Tusculum is officially Greek!" and "Didn't bomb the GRE," but they are fun ways to remember things that are important to me. Today I went back and wrote actual entries for each one of those phrases so that I could remember them. In the days that don't have anything, I plan to glue pictures, tickets, or trinkets from the events I enter. And when I actually have some time to really get into it, I will have colored pencil designs going across the pages.

I've really missed journaling, but I haven't had time to do it. This is smaller scale, but still fun, and a great way to use the planner I got. I felt so much better after that hour was up. Maybe now I'll be a little more inclined to work on my journal essay for class. :P

No comments: