Monday, February 27, 2012

Grad School

I have officially applied for grad school. I requested a copy of my GRE scores over a week ago and Drexel has already confirmed that they received my transcript. This morning I submitted the online portion of the application and registered my recommendation writers before running back to the room to fight with my printer for a hard copy resume, cover sheet, and credit-work experience form.

Why won't Word print the border they let you design? I had it set to the innermost settings and they were still outside the printing range. The worst part was that three sides printed, but the fourth didn't. What the heck is that?

Anyway, I scrapped the border and printed my not-nearly-as-cute-but-acceptable sheet to preface my coordinating resume and sealed them in the envelope with the form. When I went to check my email to confirm the address, I had a new email that included an email address for my resume. *Sigh* They really need to update their online application. After all that work, I was not about to not mail it, so I stuck two stamps on the front of the envelope to make sure it didn't bounce back due to insufficient postage. That would simply be the cherry on top.

So now it's done. I got back from class and found that one of my letter writers had already submitted her recommendation. That would be my boss. I then sent an email to the professor writing my recommendation letter with attached copies of two essays I had written for his class. I'm really hoping he was a good choice. All of the English professors were really swamped when I needed writers for UT and he made sense because he also teaches at UT. Now that I'm not applying to UT, I'm having doubts. I'm sure he'll write an awesome letter, but I'm not sure it will be as awesome as it could have been.

Maybe I'm just freaking out because it's out of my hands now. I have this tendency of putting all of my eggs in one basket. I only applied to one school for undergrad and now I'm only applying to one grad school. I have two other schools with late application dates, just in case, but I'm really not interested in attending them.

I have borrowed a line from Legally Blonde as my mantra for today. "I don't need backups, I'm going to [Drexel]."

No comments: