Saturday, February 25, 2012

January/February Matchbook

I saw this on another Matchbook Girl's blog and thought it was fun. If you don't know what Matchbook Magazine is, check it out here. To briefly summarize, each issue includes a list at the beginning of what a Matchbook Girl is. Obviously Matchbook Girls are a lot of things, so it's all in good fun. I will be going through and checking off what I accomplished and what I didn't.

The January Matchbook Girl:
Toasted the New Year with vintage champagne coupes. Um, no. My mother was in the hospital on New Year's Eve, so I drank the sparkling grape juice in the fridge and watched Jenny McCarthy try to eat a police officer's face.

Knows a neon pink manicure brings mid-winter cheer. I absolutely know this. I also absolutely know that I haven't had time to paint my nails.

Donates old favorites to charity- in with the new! I do donate old favorites to charity. I've been marking clothes hangers this season as I wear something so that I can donate the things I don't wear.

Hangs an Audrey painting for good luck. I'm honestly not even sure what this is. A painting of Audrey Hepburn? Unless it can be hung with ticky-tack or command strips, it's not on my walls.

Thinks a new year calls for new sequined flats. Or not.

Hosts a soiree for her closest friends. Does coordinating the pledge ritual for my sorority sisters count?

Daydreams of a trip to India. Yes.

Is optimistic of things to come. Yes!


The February Matchbook Girl:
Is a year older and a year wiser. Happy first birthday, Matchbook!

Considers sugar cookies her specialty. I love sugar cookies. That's the only cookie I've made so far this school year and I drove an hour to do it.

Daydreams about living at Downton Abbey. I looked this up. I haven't seen the show, but the pictures look beautiful. I fell in love with England and I would not mind living there.

Plans to reinstate the ritual of afternoon tea. I love the actual ritual of tea, but I am not a tea drinker. I am working on this, though, so yes.

Has painted her rental three times. I've wished I could paint my dorm room about three thousand times, so yes.

Rereads her favorite novel every year. If a play counts, then yes. I read A Midsummer Night's Dream every year on midsummer.

Crafts homemade Valentines for her friends. This year I crafted strings of rose petals, mod podge & mason jar candle holders, cucumber finger sandwiches, and cherry Sprite cubes for the Valentine's social, so yes.

Prefers her latte with a heart design. I like pictures of them, but I don't really drink lattes. Number one, the only Starbucks here is the Perk on campus, and that's a questionable representation of Starbucks. Number two, I'm not much of a coffee person. If I drink it, it has to be cold.

Thinks this celebration calls for cake! I have eaten cake! Hooray!

January: 5/8 February: 8/9

I rocked February, mostly on technicality. Maybe I will find a latte somewhere in the next four days. Try new things and what not. I'm sure Matchbook Girls like to try new things. :D

No comments: